It took several years to build the quadrangle of buildings in very grand neo-classical style. Work started with the East wing in 1823 and finished with the south wing in 1847. The building on the right in this picture is Robert's design. His brother Sydney designed the round reading room in the centre of the quadrangle. The glass roof that makes it the great court was added in 2000.